My Daily Visitor

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July 25, 2012 - Mt 20:20-28

 
In today's Gospel, the verse that I chose to reflect on is "Just so, the Son of Man did not come to be served but to serve and to give his life as a ransom for many." (Matt 20:28). When the mother of the son's of Zebedee came to Jesus to ask him to command her sons to sit at his right and left, Jesus responded, "My chalice you will indeed drink (speaking about her sons), but to sit at my right and at my left, this is not mine to give but is for those for whom it has been prepared by my Father."
 
This response from Jesus is a good example of how Jesus always humbled himself before God. He never took advantage of his position of God's son. He always kept focus on serving others and never wavered from that, even as he died on the cross.

Meditation: 2 Corinthians 4:7-15 (http://wau.org/meditations/2012/07/25)

---------------------
If you like this story, get more great articles and subscribe to The Word Among Us at: http://www.wau.org

No comments:

Post a Comment