My Daily Visitor

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July 31, 2012 - Matthew 13:36-43


In today's Gospel in Matthew, I find Jesus' explanation of the weeds in the field to be one of the most powerful scriptures in the New Testament. Jesus is giving us the blueprints of how we are going to be judged at the "end of the age". Not only will we be judged but the angels will root out the Kingdom of "all who cause others to sin and all evildoers" and the angels will "will throw them into the fiery furnace where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth".

I conjure up visions of people surrounded by a ring of fire and they are screaming and agonizing for eternity. That is not the way I wish to find myself for all eternity so I will continue to "have ears" so that I "ought to hear" the Word of God and try to live my life out spreading the gospel and serving the Lord.

"Lord, do not cast me out to the darkness. Send unto me the Holy Spirit so that I may listen with my heart all that you instruct me." - Amen.


Meditation: Matthew 13:36-43 (http://wau.org/meditations/2012/07/31)

---------------------
If you like this story, get more great articles and subscribe to The Word Among Us at: http://www.wau.org

No comments:

Post a Comment