My Daily Visitor

Saturday, July 28, 2012

July 26, 2012 - Matthew 13:10-17


In today's Gospel, Jesus is trying to explain to his disciples why he speaks in parables. My focus on today's reading is "they look but do not see and hear but do not listen or understand" (Mt 13:13).

I think to my grandsons where I have to come down to their level sometimes to teach them or make them understand a particular topic or concern I have on their behavior. Much like Jesus and His times, the people in those days had a hard time grasping what Jesus was teaching them. Toddlers or infants have no experience in the ways of this world, and are hungry for knowledge. So too were the people in Jesus' time but they had to be spoken to in parables for them to understand what Jesus was conveying.

Think about the times when you were faced with a situation where you had a chance to teach or use a parable of somekind to make someone understand. As Jesus did in his day, it was important to teach with compassion. We too should use compassion when teaching, especially when we're trying to teach and spread the Gospel.

"Lord, send the Holy Spirit into my heart to use compassion in my daily life"


Meditation: Matthew 13:10-17 (http://wau.org/meditations/2012/07/26)

---------------------
If you like this story, get more great articles and subscribe to The Word Among Us at: http://www.wau.org

No comments:

Post a Comment