My Daily Visitor

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Aug 22, 2012 - Matthew 20:1-16


Today is my 31st wedding anniversary. I thank God each and every day for introducing my lovely wife into my life. She is my heart and soul and without her I would be incomplete. Happy Anniversary honey!!!

In today's gospel we have the parable of the Landowner who pays an equal day's wages to those he hired for one hour and to those he hired for a full day. This parable is sometimes difficult to understand because as humans we are taught from the time that we are little that what you reap is what you sow. In other words, hard work pays off. And to those who are lazy or "idle", as the Lord states, you do not get anything or little in return.

God makes it clear in this Gospel that it is never too late to lead a religious life. Whether you become active in God's life at the end of your time on earth or since you were old enough to remember that you followed God, He will invite you " to go into his vineyard" as long as you seek him. The pay is the same for all who follow Him, life everlasting in Heaven!! Jesus made that possible for us when he died for our salvation. He defeated death and created a threshold for us to step over to be with Him forever in His kingdom.

"Lord, Thank you for accepting me as your faithful servent to love and serve you. I accept your wages to work in your vineyard. It pleases me to serve you!! - Amen 


Meditation: Matthew 20:1-16 (http://wau.org/meditations/2012/08/22)

---------------------
If you like this story, get more great articles and subscribe to The Word Among Us at: http://www.wau.org

No comments:

Post a Comment